- s suitable for singing
singable melody is the essence of music"- Winthrop Sargeant
- The music is extraordinarily singable; its effect is that of glowingly lyrical, somewhat familiar music that one has never heard before.
- What the anthem still needed most was not new harmonies but a singable melody.
- This worried Patriot Lopez, and he decided then there that something must be done to make the national anthem more singable.
News & Articles
- Ages And Ages On World Cafe
The joyful Portland band infuses its gospel-tinged folk-pop songs with fervent, singable choruses.
May 6, 2014 - NPR
- Bill Conti in Seattle Times
I think it should be singable, unlike the national anthem, which I love, and it should be reverent,Conti told The Seattle Times from his home in Los Angeles. "The word writer, as opposed to the music writer, should have a deeper...
- William Bolcom in New York Times
He had such a gift for writing words that were singable, and that gave character,Mr. Bolcom said. "He was more influential on a lot of other people than people have taken into account."
- Nicholas McGegan in KUAR
Handel obviously writes wonderful melodies - memorable, singable tunes,McGegan says. "He also writes incredibly grand music, grander than almost anybody else's. And in the operas and oratorios, he has a great insight into human emotions of...