- n an earnest and sincere feeling
- n the quality of being open and truthful; not deceitful or hypocritical
his sincerity inspired belief
they demanded some proof of my sincerity
- n a quality of naturalness and simplicity
the simple sincerity of folk songs
- n the trait of being serious
- No one doubted the sincerity of Bevin's intention, but it left many questions unanswered.
- By watching the work of a movie star who never had an acting lesson, they'd learn how to carry themselves and a film how to project sincerity, arrogance, ferocity and wit.
- Brooks Kraft Corbis for PTI There were some who doubted the sincerity of McCain's pledge, coming so soon after the end of a campaign that featured a series of personal attacks .
- George HW Bush in Reiten Television KXMB Bismarck
Former President George HW Bush said the former first lady exemplified "the grace and the elegance and the decency and sincerity that you would hope for in the White House."
- Ron Evans in Montreal Gazette
I am disappointed that this government missed an opportunity to demonstrate their sincerity, that they want to make it right with the first people's of this land,said Grand Chief Ron Evans of the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs.
- Wen Jiabao in BusinessWeek
China has played an important and constructive role in pushing the Copenhagen climate talks to earn the current results, and demonstrated its utmost sincerity and made its best effort,Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao said Monday.