- n a simplification that goes too far (to the point of misrepresentation)
- n an act of excessive simplification; the act of making something seem simpler than it really is
- I would rather see Al and George duke it out than have to listen to any more of the vicious simplism that is becoming the media style in the war between the Blue States and the .
- Nations and wars are too complex for such simplism.
- References to disarmament tended toward simplism, and did no more than echo the general pleas made in Pacem in Terris.