- s allowing communication in only one direction at a time, or in telegraphy allowing only one message over a line at a time
- s having only one part or element
a simplex word has no affixes and is not part of a compound--like `boy' compared with `boyish' or `house' compared with `houseboat'
- They grew herpes simplex virus in cultures of kidney cells taken from sheep embryos; then the live virus was inactivated by exposure to ultraviolet light.
- By age 40, nearly 90% of adults have been exposed to the herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1), which causes cold sores.
- The two types of herpes simplex generally attack different and sharply defined areas of the body.
News & Articles
- Take care: The virus herpes
More than 50 million Americans suffer from HSV-2, the herpes simplex virus. More commonly known as genital herpes, the virus can be transmitted unknowingly and shared easily if precautions are not taken. But how do people get this virus and what can be done to prevent it?
July 1, 2013 - Chambersburg Public Opinion