- n a ludicrous folly
- n an impulsive scatterbrained manner
- The sheer silliness and joy of Harding's adventures will keep you smiling long after you've watched them and give you a serious case of wanderlust.
- At its best it perfectly expresses the fears and loathings of kids who came of age in the late '60's; at its worst Animal House revels in abject silliness.
- But what they are remains a hard-to-summarize mix of moderate Democratic standbys, populist silliness and the occasional truly visionary proposal.
News & Articles
- Gregg Popovich, Erik Spoelstra critical of high turnover rate among NBA head coaches
SAN ANTONIO — The lack of job security for head coaches in the NBA has seemed to reach an all-time high level of silliness this year, and the two who are still playing for a championship believe that the consistency shown by their respective organizations is a big reason why they’re still competing at the…
June 15, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProBasketballTalk
- 'Man of Steel' and the Smothering of Superman
In some ways, the most important moment of Man of Steel comes when the inherent silliness of Superman — the cape, the flying, the square-jawed earnestness — is referenced but then tossed away in favor of shaky-cam seriousness and half-baked attempts at creating a sense of realism.
June 12, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire
- 'Dead Rising 3' brings mad, mad, mad undead world to Xbox One
The new generation of gaming seems to be largely composed of open-world zombie adventures, but "Dead Rising 3" — the latest installment in the weird, darkly humorous zombie-smashing hit — arrested our attention because of its eye-popping graphics and gamer pedigree.Apparently grim tone, at odds with the silliness for which the franchise is known, is just a "veneer of seriousness," say its ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
If we can cut through the nonsense and the lipstick and the pigs and the silliness, then I'm absolutely convinced that we are going to win,Obama said.
- Angelina Jolie in Chicago Tribune
I have no animosity toward Hollywood or the demands of the red carpet, all that silliness,Jolie, 32, tells Esquire magazine. "That's my job, and I'm happy to have it. But when I die, do I want to be remembered as an actress? No."...