- n the message that is intended or expressed or signified
the signification of Chinese characters
News & Articles
- 'Foreign Gods, Inc.,' Okey Ndibe's darkly comic novel about immigration and identity, announces a talent worth watching
Soho, 332 pp., $25 The Nigerian-born New York cab driver’s full name, Ikechukwu Uzondu, means “God’s strength” – a sturdy, assured signification. But for most Americans, the paired consonants are too hard to pronounce, so he has shortened it to...
Jan. 21, 2014 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Samuel Johnson in Independent Online
There are a huge number of web sites devoted to a task once the preserve of what Johnson called the "harmless drudge that busies himself in tracing the original, and detailing the signification of words" - the lexicographer.
- John Conyers in Washington Times
But Mr. Conyers said that Justice "is currently withholding signification information."
- Chen Kaige in China Daily
'The Promise,' fraught with eastern ambience, is about fate,Chen said, "The signification of life represented by the falling flowers, a common image in Chinese classical poems, is the profound thoughts, or humanity. They naturally exit in the...