- v perform music from a score without having seen the score before
- In New York and San Francisco, people are paying to sight-read the choruses at "Messiah sing-ins," and at the White House, President Nixon heard a 30-minute sample.
- Said Frantz after his old chum had breezed through his part: "I find professional pianists can seldom sight-read as well as Schmidt does.
- Following several frantic tryouts, Harrington and Dutt hired Sherba and Dutt's friend Jeanrenaud, who flew in from music school in Switzerland, sight-read a Bartok quartet and an .
News & Articles
- A closer look at AirTurn, a Bluetooth music page turner for iOS and Mac
The AirTurn BT-105 (US$69.00) is a Bluetooth foot switch/pedal controller for musicians who use virtual guitar effects and those who sight-read music and/or lyrics on their Mac or iOS device. Traditionally, a musician has had to get a hand away from...
Feb. 3, 2014 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Marc-Andre Hamelin in Boston Globe (registration)
I've actually had the score since sometime in the early 1990s,Hamelin explains. "Weissenberg's harmonic language is so involved and so chromatically gnarly, the impression you might get by trying to sight-read it would almost undoubtedly...