- They also had a large, sickle-shaped claw on their middle toes, probably used for slashing prey.
- Two fishermen off Devil's Island, at the entrance to Halifax Harbor, one day last week sighted the sickle-shaped fin of a swordfish speeding shoreward.
- Chattopadhyay himself concedes it's possible that the Onge, like some African tribes, may possess a mutant sickle-shaped gene that provides them with immunity from malaria.
News & Articles
- Chumash development plan roils Santa Ynez Valley
Chumash leaders say they want to build homes on a parcel near their reservation. Community activists fear they may instead build a casino or resort. SANTA YNEZ, Calif. — The Chumash Indians, first seen by explorers along the California coast in the fall of 1542, did not have running water on their tiny, sickle-shaped reservation until the 1960s.
Dec. 16, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Paul Sereno in MercoPress
This was a monster raptor that makes the Velociraptor look like kid's play,said Sereno, also a National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence. "At five meters long with a sickle-shaped claw, it was an amazing predator." "Normally you'd...