- s resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy
a kind of sibylline book with ready and infallible answers to questions
- s having a secret or hidden meaning
thoroughly sibylline in most of his pronouncements"- John Gunther
- All these activities orbited the low-gravity center of the artist, with his blank stare and his wan voice that uttered such sibylline aphorisms as "I want to be a machine" and .
- Some political soothsayers took this sibylline pronouncement as a hint that Truman did not intend to run again.
- In San Francisco as an apostle of Culture in behalf of the Container Corporation of America, Communications Prophet Marshall McLuhan, 55, whose sibylline pronouncements have so .
News & Articles
- NFL season continues to befuddle prognasticators
Clairvoyant, sibylline, prescient, vatical, all wonderful words to describe someone who has the ability to see into the future. Clearly, none of those words describe the author of this column.
Oct. 10, 2013 - Peninsula Clarion