- v utter in a loud voice; talk in a loud voice (usually denoting characteristic manner of speaking)
- v utter a sudden loud cry
- v utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy
`I'm here,' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost
- v use foul or abusive language towards
The angry mother shouted at the teacher
- s in a vehement outcry
his shouted words of encouragement could be heard over the crowd noises
- When they shouted, "In the dawn of freedom, there is no freedom," they were supported by many others who feared that the promises of the revolution were not being kept: workers .
- One cop reached the police car radio, shouted two words into the mike: "Assist officer.
- For more than a century the heart of the financial world was a physical place called Wall Street, where slips of paper littered the floors and shouted bids to buy and sell filled .
News & Articles
- The Super Fight that Never Was: How Bob Arum Blew it with Juan Manuel Lopez and Yuriorkis Gamboa
COMMENTARY | Once upon a time, in a boxing era far, far away, Top Rank Promotions' Bob Arum stood on top of boxing's highest mountain and shouted to the fans below that he wasn't ready to make the highly anticipated fight between Yuriorkis Gamboa and Juan Manuel Lopez. Well, it wasn't actually all that long ago. Three years to be exact. But it sure does seem like it was eons ago when both Lopez ...
June 14, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Soccer-FIFA investigates Mascherano's bizarre sending off
ZURICH, June 14 (Reuters) - FIFA has opened disciplinary proceedings against Argentina captain Javier Mascherano after he was sent off for kicking the driver of a medical cart in a World Cup qualifier against Ecuador on Tuesday. The Barcelona midfielder was shown a red card by Paraguayan referee Enrique Caceres with four minutes to go in Quito after the player lost his temper and shouted at the ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- School seeks to punish students who hurled objects, insults at child
Hazleton Area School District officials are looking to identify the children who shouted profanities and threw things from a bus at an autistic teenager on Thursday - the last day of classes in the district. "The responsible individuals will be held full
June 14, 2013 - The Hazleton Standard-Speaker
- Charles Fried in The Associated Press
She screamed and shouted at me and slammed the door and stormed out,Fried recalled. "Two minutes later, she came back and said, 'I'm sorry I shouted.' I said, 'Elena, don't apologize, you were right.'"
- Mohammad Khalil in Reuters India
When the firing started one of the players shouted 'go, go' and somehow I kept my cool, ducked and pressed the accelerator and sped the bus towards the stadium,Khalil said.
- Kevin Nolan in Sportinglife.com
One of our fans was having a go and we had a few words,Nolan told the Daily Mail. "He was upset, I was upset and it got heated. I shouldn't have done it. I'd like to see him now to apologise. I won't tell you what he shouted. But I called...