- s breathing laboriously or convulsively
- It is as short-winded as Mozart and as elongated as Wagner; rarely does Berlioz repeat himself, yet he spins out one duet (Cassandra and her lover Coroebus) for 15 minutes.
- Senator Joe Biden gets credit for the unadorned, and short-winded, wit and intelligence of his debate performances.
- But by 1880 the fat, short-winded monarch preferred to lie on his bed toying with the stolen diamonds he kept in a couple of kerosene cans, while his wives covered his naked .
News & Articles
- Gregg Popovich's Entire Pregame Comments in Just 25 Words
Gregg Popovich put forth a performance that can only be described as one of his all-time bests in the press conference before Game 3 of the NBA Finals. He used all of 25 words. Popovich is known for being a curt, short-winded speaker, but that's generally when he's got something better to do (mainly exhibited in interviews between quarters), or when he's a bit upset (postgame interviews ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Claire McCaskill in Minneapolis Star Tribune
He's in a no-win situation,said Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., an Obama backer. "If he stretches out his knowledge and expounds on all the things he knows, he runs the risk of being patronizing. If he is circumspect and is short-winded and...
- Martin Winterkorn in Wall Street Journal
This decision was too short-winded for sure. To establish a newcomer in the luxury segment you need (more patience),Winterkorn told German daily Freie Presse in an interview Wednesday.
- Gerald Uelmen in Los Angeles Times
Borrowing a line from a former New Jersey chief justice, Uelmen added: "The criminal justice system is not a sport for the short-winded."