- s relating to or extending over a limited period
a short-term lease
- Short-term bank certificates of deposit and money-market accounts still offer paltry yields.
- The biggest element of the short-term cleanup efforts will be a restriction on car traffic that begins July 20.
- They have life goals (like raising a family or raking in cash) and short-term aspirations (like making a new friend or buying a new refrigerator).
- Barack Obama in AFP
The single biggest threat to US security, both short-term, medium-term and long-term, would be the possibility of a terrorist organization obtaining a nuclear weapon,Obama said on Sunday.
- Lawrence Summers in BusinessWeek
We must demonstrate a commitment to reducing long-term deficits, but not at the price of short-term growth,Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner and Lawrence Summers, director of the White House's National Economic Council, wrote in an...
- Nancy Pelosi in CNN
...a separate statement, Pelosi said Friday's November jobs report -- with more than a half-million jobs lost -- made it clear that Congress must provide "short-term and limited assistance" to the automakers.