- s relating to the near future
a short-range policy
- s limited to short distances
a short-range shot
- Think of the Army's new Active Protection System (APS) as Star Wars for soldiers, designed to protect them from rocket-propelled grenades and other short-range threats.
- Every combat is even-sided and complex and can be waged in multiple ways, using an arsenal of long- and short-range weapons, plus grenades and hand-to-hand moves.
- There were 509 passengers aboard the 747SR, a short-range version of the jumbo.
News & Articles
- Minerva's Starcast/Mailbag, 06/16/13
Minerva's Starcast/Mailbag, 06/16/13 STARCAST: Think Giant Closing Sale! Just one week left for lucky, expansive Jupiter to do his last tango in Gemini. Time now to nail down social networking ops, short-range travel, seminars and personal communications.
June 16, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Texas Instruments Builds Upon Leadership in Millimeter Wave Circuits for Short-Range Sensors
DALLAS – This week at the 2013 VLSI Symposium in Kyoto, Japan, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) will demonstrate an industry first in millimeter wave circuits with a paper on a 160GHz center-frequency-pulsed transmitter for short-range sensor applications. The transmitter features a higher effective isotropic radiated power (EIRP) at sub-THz frequencies than previous sub ...
June 14, 2013 - ThomasNet
- North Korea fires three short-range missiles
SEOUL — North Korea fired three short-range missiles from its east coast on Saturday, South Korea's Defense Ministry said, but the purpose of the launches was unknown.
June 11, 2013 - Denver Post
- Andy Card in USA Today
It appears that there was a test of a short-range missile by the North Koreans and it landed in the Sea of Japan. We're not surprised by this. The North Koreans have tested their missiles before. They've had some failures,Andrew Card told the...
- Sergey Lavrov in International Herald Tribune
This of course raises concern, because the situation with medium- and short-range missiles worries many nations,including European Union and NATO members, Lavrov said.
- Shimon Peres in Jerusalem Post
Teheran combines long-range missiles and short-range minds,Peres said in his formal address. "It is pregnant with tragedies."