- n a lace used for fastening shoes
- They maintain that test taking, like telling time or double-knotting a shoelace, is a "life skill" that every child can learn and no youngster should go without.
- One attempt at a gadget that could measure a runner's speed and distance was a clunky pod that attached to a shoelace.
- He had apparently tripped over a shoelace and fell on the gun.
News & Articles
- Accused granny killer fashions noose in apparent bid to delay trial
A Harlem man who allegedly killed his 76-year-old grandmother and stuffed her in a closet wrapped a shoelace around his neck Monday morning in an apparent effort to delay his trial.
June 18, 2013 - New York Daily News
- On Robinson's shoelaces, knives, fumbles
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Even in a world of rules and schemes and responsibilities, most players have small idiosyncrasies. Jacksonville Jaguars rookie running back Denard Robinson's is odder than most: He doesn’t tie his shoelaces. Thus his nickname of “Shoelace.” “I wasn’t tied, but coach told me to knot it up, so I knotted it up, but loose,” he said. “It’s something I always did my whole life ...
June 17, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Tedy Bruschi in USA Today
Football's a dirty game,Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi said Friday. "We're a bunch of grown men out there with helmets and shoulder pads and we're trying to knock each other down. Sometimes you need to grab a shoelace or anything you can...
- Phil Jackson in CNN International
You know, you don't know what happens,Jackson said after the game. "Guys can break a shoelace and go out, the pants break down, drawstring falls apart."
- Tyler Hansbrough in ESPN
I got a rebound, someone had shot a layup, and my shoelace had a big loop in it,Hansbrough said. "My other foot went right into that loop and I took a fall. I stayed there for a second to see if anyone had seen me. But then everybody was...