- n a structure resembling a shoebox (as a rectangular building or a cramped room or compartment)
- n an oblong rectangular (usually cardboard) box designed to hold a pair of shoes
- It's a concept embraced by urbanites who have abandoned their shoebox-size apartments for the wide-open spaces of lofts reclaimed from 100-year-old factory buildings.
- It was like getting a shoebox full of gold.
- You can tell that he's got the brains because (1) he walks into a library and (2) he talks on some type of radiophone the size of a shoebox.
News & Articles
- MANVILLE: Help pack boxes to ship to troops
Volunteers are invited to join Operation Shoebox New Jersey to pack care packages for U.S. troops overseas and commemorate the organizationâs 8th anniversary on Saturday, June 8.
June 17, 2013 - The Manville News
- Kevin McHale in Minneapolis Star Tribune
That guy can score in a shoebox,said Kevin McHale, the Wolves' vice president of basketball operations. "He's better than I even thought he'd be. He's a long way from his ceiling as a player. In the old days (when players attended college...
- Ruben Brown in The Courier News
If they'll have me,Brown said. "I don't think I'm going to be demanding any large contract or anything. I think they've got that (required money) in a shoebox somewhere. I want to be here. I would love to be here. Is that going to happen?...
- Bruce Willis in AZ Central.com
I'm not sure if the Internet even existed when the first film came out,Willis says. "If you look at the cell phones in that first film, it's almost like a shoebox that you're talking into. ...... The technology was pretty rudimentary....