- n United States physicist (born in England) who contributed to the development of the electronic transistor (1910-1989)
News & Articles
- At cemetery, upkeep reaches a flashpoint
The gravesite of Betty Bowden, who died in 1968, is overrun with tall grass and litter. The plot at Downing's Cemetery in Oak Hall does not have perpetual care and stands within sight of U.S. Route 13. / Staff photo by Ted Shockley
June 15, 2013 - Eastern Shore News
- Wounded Ohio soldier, family endure struggles
The recovery of Staff Sgt. Sam Shockley -- critically injured in Afghanistan in March when he stepped on and triggered an improvised explosive device -- has not been going as well as hoped, according to his mother.
June 13, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Wounded soldier, family endure struggles
The recovery of Staff Sgt. Sam Shockley has not been going as well as hoped, according to his mother.
June 13, 2013 - The Hamilton Journal News
- Mark Richt in Online Athens
Joe absolutely understands our system very well,Richt said. "He's a very accurate passer. He's similar to DJ Shockley in that even though he wasn't a starter, he's one of the leaders of our football team. Shock was able to take on a...