- n a shockingly bad person
- n a sensational message (in a film or play or novel)
- A Clockwork Orange: Anthony Burgess has written what looks like a nasty little shocker but is really that rare thing in English lettersa philosophical novel.
- So the introduction of salty coffee shouldn't be such a shocker.
- Fundraising shocker: Obama raises $32 million in January Matches his previous three-month record.
News & Articles
- Marilyn Manson shocks with bad show, not theatrics at Jacobs Pavilion (review)
Marilyn Manson was a disaster Thursday night. But the motley Cleveland crowd didn't seem to mind watching the infamous shocker self destruct during an undisciplined and dissatisfying performance.
June 14, 2013 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Viral anti-drunken driving video uses scare tactic
A British anti-drunken driving PSA that aims to scare potential offenders has gone viral around the world. The 52-second video, called "Pub Loo Shocker," features bar patrons being scared silly by a shock in the bathroom mirror. The video was produced by Leo Burnett for England's Department for Transport THINK! campaign. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention , almost 30 ...
June 13, 2013 - KIRO 7 Seattle-Tacoma
- The Quotable Campana Brothers: No shocker that the first U.S....
No shocker that the first U.S. solo exhibition from Fernando and Humberto Campana—the guys behind sofas laced with trinkets and rugs peppered with dolls—features "cowhide, fish scales, and gemstones," as UnBeige describes it. On asking a Brazilian NGO to transform...
June 12, 2013 - Curbed