- I didn't want to look like some shmuck up there.
- I was just another shmuck watching it, you know?" Because of the jail's curfew, TV was shut off before the show ended; he didn't get to see Titanic win the Best Picture award.
- I'm not saying that once or twice between John Peter Zenger and now, some shmuck in some newsroom somewhere warned a colleague about the use of foul language.
- Sarah Silverman in Toronto Sun
I sound like me and I talk like me, but when people go, 'Oh, you're just playing yourself,' I'm like, 'I hope I'm not, because I'm playing a f------ a------,Silverman said. "An arrogant, ignorant shmuck, so I hope I'm not playing me."
- Sen Mike Gravel in OpEdNews
During the Democratic debates, Senator Mike Gravel said to Hillary Clinton, "Hillary, why did you stay with that shmuck? You know full well that the Congress is owned lock, stock and barrel by the military industrial complex."
- Tibor Rubin in Washington Jewish Week
Now,Rubin said with a self-deprecating laugh, "It's Mister Shmuck, the hero."