- n (Yiddish) an awkward and stupid person
- n a tedious or difficult journey
- v walk or tramp about
- v pull along heavily, like a heavy load against a resistance
Can you shlep this bag of potatoes upstairs?
- The European-based players have to shlep themselves all the way across the Atlantic every couple of months to join the national squad for World Cup qualifiers against lesser teams .
- What the Hell difference does it make to the poor shlep on the street what the terror alert level means? There's nothing I can do at the yellow, orange, or red level except shoot .
- By his own account, he was a failure and "total shlep" for most of his life, dropping out of Ohio State dental school and blundering at an odd succession of jobs, from designing .
News & Articles
- City Council to vote on bill to charge shoppers a 10-cent fee for disposable bags
Shoppers could soon be hit with a 10-cent fee for every paper or plastic bag they shlep out of grocery and retail stores, under legislation set to be introduced in the City Council tomorrow. Eight council members have signed on to the eco-friendly endeavor, which would require retail stores to...
Aug. 21, 2013 - New York Post