- n (Judaism) a period of seven days of mourning after the death of close relative
the family is sitting shiva
- n the destroyer; one of the three major divinities in the later Hindu pantheon
- As Nikke Finke opined on her Deadline Hollywood Daily blog, "The studio must be sitting shiva.
- To his worm pal he warns of the early bird: "He's a boid and he's oily and he kraves a woim ooy, l'il woim, l'il woim I shudda and shiva for you.
News & Articles
- Rabbi Fogelman, spiritual leader, dies
WORCESTER - Rabbi Hershel Fogelman, leader of the Yeshiva Achei Tmimim synagogue and Yeshiva Academy, died Sunday. He was 91.
June 12, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Rabbi Hershel Fogelman dies at 91
WORCESTER and#8212; Rabbi Hershel Fogelman, well-known leader of the Yeshiva Tmimim synagogue and Yeshiva Academy, passed away Sunday. He was 91.
June 11, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Mixed Blood has a world premiere trilogy, soldier tales at Fort Snelling
Mixed Blood Theatre's 2013-14 season will start with a festival of three world premieres based on the trinity of Hindu deities -- Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva -- as contemporary inhabitants of the Western world.
June 6, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in AFP
She also called for the "immediate release of all imprisoned human rights defenders, including Shiva Nazar Ahari, Narges Mohammadi, Emad Baghi, Kouhyar Goudarzi, Bahareh Hedayat, Milad Asadi, and Mahboubeh Karami. We ask the Iranian authorities to...