- n a stagehand responsible for moving scenery
- n a mechanical device for engaging and disengaging gears
- The SHO also comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox, featuring steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters and all-wheel drive.
- The abortion debate is a shape-shifter, its contours twisted by politics, culture, timing and the very language pollsters use when they ask people how they feel.
- Engineers added a plastic plate beneath the shifter to prevent spilled coffee and other flotsam from falling into the mechanism and gumming it up.
News & Articles
- Listen to Beck's new song 'Defriended'
Beck's new song is a measure of his nimbleness: Less than six months after the release of his willfully old-fashioned sheet-music project "Song Reader," the L.A.-based shape-shifter is back with a blippy electro-pysch jam whose title nods to Facebook.
June 5, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Martin Brodeur in Forbes
It's a big momentum shifter for us. You lose that, you're down 3-1. Now it's 2-2; it's a new ballgame,Brodeur said. "We've got home-ice advantage now, so we're definitely happy about the situation we're in."
- Bruce Pearl in GoVolsXtra
The technical foul on JP's dunk, at that point, was a momentum shifter,Pearl said. "It's a call that can be made because he was on the rim. I've seen that call made, I've seen that call not made."
- Michael Waltrip in Scene Daily (registration)
The car filled up with smoke and fire,Waltrip said. "The crew does such a great job at sealing off the interior of the car. I saw just a little bit of flame by the shifter, nothing much. I'm bigger than the car - if I try to get out of the...