- n large scissors with strong blades
- n (physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves
- n a large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it
- v cut with shears
- v shear the wool from
- v cut or cut through with shears
- v become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
- The friends maneuver the ewe onto her rear haunches, exposing her belly, and with Jenkins wedging the furry animal between his knees, Fowler hands him a pair of electric shears.
- The coolest new accessories for the style savvy may be a pincushion and a pair of pinking shears.
- The show opened silently, as design staffers rolled out tubes of white stretch fabric and plied their shears until a whole wardrobe emerged--a demonstration of Miyake's do-it .
News & Articles
- Greenhouse Tour highlights local products
WATSONVILLE — It was a battle of the ages, and the warriors came ready for a fight. Armed with pruning shears and well stocked with buckets full of flowers and decorative greens, they nobly trimmed and artfully arranged roses, sunflowers, kangaroo paw and other flowers and greens into their vases.
June 15, 2013 - Register Pajaronian
- Yes, Congress and the President are Responsible for the Surveillance State
By Dan Fejes. Cross posted from Pruning Shears There is an emerging theme on the left that the true blame for our metastasized domestic spying programs lies with the American people. And it's nonsense.
June 14, 2013 - Naked Capitalism
- It takes an army to landscape Ladera
LADERA RANCH – Shortly after sunrise each weekday, a troop of 140 workers descends on Ladera Ranch, tools of their trade in hand.A platoon of two dozen is armed with pruning shears, handsaws and climbing gear, ready to rein in the thousands of...
June 14, 2013 - Canyons, Coto, Ladera & RSM News
- Paul McCartney in Reuters
Ladies and gentlemen, Billy Shears,McCartney said as his former drummer walked onstage to join him at the microphone.