- v break into many pieces
The wine glass shattered
- v damage or destroy
The news of her husband's death shattered her life
- v cause to break into many pieces
shatter the plate
- The ice bike has no plastic parts (which would freeze and shatter in the extreme conditions), and the superfat, low-pressure tires provide traction in situations that would make a .
- Yet when I use more force, the glassine sheets shatter.
- But China's Me generation could shatter such long-held assumptions.
News & Articles
- Soccer-No Samba for Socceroos until job is done - Neill
By Nick Mulvenney SYDNEY, June 17 (Reuters) - Captain Lucas Neill has warned Australia that football can shatter dreams as well as make them come true, meaning Tuesday's seemingly straightforward World Cup qualifier against Iraq at Sydney's Olympic Stadium is no formality. With Iraq already out of the World Cup running and having lost two of their most experienced players to retirement ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Favre: Rodgers will 'shatter' my Packers records
Favre: Rodgers will 'shatter' my Packers records
June 14, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Favre says Rodgers will 'shatter' records
Former NFL quarterback Brett Favre told SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will "shatter" his records.
June 14, 2013 - ESPN
- John McCain in Purdue Exponent
Sarah Palin once said on the 2008 campaign trail, "Hillary left eighteen million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling, but it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Newsday
Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, it's got about 18 million cracks in it,Clinton said -- a reference to the millions of voters who supported her in the primaries.
- Sarah Palin in New York Times
Hillary left 18 million cracks in the highest, hardest glass ceiling in America, but it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all,Ms. Palin said to huge applause.