- v bring shame or dishonor upon
- v compel through a sense of shame
She shamed him into making amends
- v cause to be ashamed
- v surpass or beat by a wide margin
- v make a pretence of
- v make believe with the intent to deceive
- s showing a sense of guilt
- s suffering shame
- Egypt's conservatives claimed that CNN and the girl's family had shamed Egypt on the world stage.
- This year Republicans have pegged as top targets two "scandal babies" who defeated the most prominently shamed Republicans of 2006.
- Or would he prefer to see the feckless Susan, for example, tarred and feathered by the studio audience instead of being merely booed and shamed?.
News & Articles
- To Stop Being the Party of Stupid You Must Stop Being Stupid
It's not enough to pay a political price or be shamed into silence. You have to come to believe sincerity is not the same as accuracy.
June 12, 2013 - The Atlantic
- 14-Year-Old Indiana Rape Victim Shamed by Town
An unnamed 14-year-old rape victim, who is eight months pregnant, said she can no longer leave her Elwood, Ind., home without being publicly shamed. People reportedly continue to vandalize the girl’s home grafitying the words “slut” and “whore” on the garage door. The eighth grader added that her friends have also stopped taking her calls, resulting in her isolation. “I used to have a lot of ...
June 11, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Facebook photo of alleged cheater goes viral
An alleged cheater was publicly shamed on Facebook, and now his photo has gone viral. It all started when the guy was riding the train from Philadelphia with his buddies. Another passenger heard the men bragging about their multiple affairs …
June 11, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Mark Souder in Seven Sided Cube
I sinned against God, my wife and my family by having a mutual relationship with a part time member of my staff,added Souder. "I am so shamed to have hurt those I love."
- Bud Selig in Los Angeles Times
While Alex deserves credit for publicly confronting the issue, there is no valid excuse for using such substances and those who use them have shamed the game,Selig said. "What Alex did was wrong and he will have to live with the damage he...
- Chen Shui-bian in Forbes
I should shoulder all responsibilities,Chen said. "I feel really apologetic and shamed."