- n a sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay
- President Bush's call to lift a ban on offshore drilling has also revived the argument to lift the moratorium on oil shale leases.
- Potentially, shale oil is a fabulous fuel.
- In Denver, the Oil Shale Corp.
News & Articles
- Oil Shale Development Hits Snag
Industry outrage after the Bureau of Land Management cuts the amount of federal lands available for oil shale, tar sands development by two-thirds, prompting one official to say companies will not be inclined to invest in exploration. VIDEO: Controversy Over Land for Oil Shale Development Study: Gov't Losing Billions on Climate Change Tax Subsidies
June 22, 2013 - Fox News
- Shale Oil & Gas, Keystone XL And Climate Change Policy
The rallying hope this week among the radical anti-development lobby that makes up the far left wing of the environmental movement appears to be that President Obama will kill the Keystone XL pipeline and pursue more policies that would dramatically inhibit the development of the nation's massive shale oil and natural gas resources as a part of the "Climate Change" policy he plans to announce in ...
June 20, 2013 - Forbes
- The Fayetteville Shale is Dry, But It's Hardly Dried Up, NGI’s Shale Daily Reports
Low natural gas prices have driven down Fayetteville Shale drilling activity and production, but the Arkansas dry gas play has plenty more to give, and the rigs will be coming back
June 20, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Dirk Kempthorne in FOXNews
For years, the cost of extracting oil from shale exceeded the benefit, but today that calculus is changing,Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne told reporters Tuesday. "This makes oil shale a highly promising resource."
- Ken Salazar in Wall Street Journal
If oil-shale technology proves to be viable on a commercial scale, taxpayers should get a fair rate of return from their resource,Mr. Salazar said.