- n graded markings that indicate light or shaded areas in a drawing or painting
- n a gradation involving small or imperceptible differences between grades
- v cast a shadow over
- v represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- v protect from light, heat, or view
- v vary slightly
- v pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree
- Unlike the complex nuances of the story, the artistic details are minimal and shading is non-existent.
- Jason has a simple brush technique that eliminates shading and texture.
- She loathes negative space, filling every millimeter of every panel with shading or detail.
News & Articles
- Scarborough Continues To Rail Against NRA Ad’s ‘Shaded’ Obama: ‘Race-Bait’ That Illustrates ‘Overreaches’
Yesterday, Joe Scarborough brought the dramatics while discussing the "shading" of President Obama in a new NRA ad. Scarborough continued that line of argument during Friday's Morning Joe , insisting that he will call out those who "race-bait" when those on his side are at fault. And the issue in this ad, he said, is obvious.
June 14, 2013 - Mediaite
- Y'all come back now!
My horse, Dude, and I amble along the dusty trail, the large oak trees shading us from the late-afternoon sun. It’s a quiet, temperate day, and there’s a light breeze blowing in from the Santa Ynez Mountains.
June 13, 2013 - Santa Maria Sun
- IMPRESSIONS: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Impressions
The Wind Waker HD demo showed off Outset Island and the Helmaroc King. For the first time, we got to see Wind Waker HD in motion and while the demo showed very little actual gameplay, it was beautiful to see live. With new shading and updated graphics, Wind Waker HD makes the GameCube classic look like it probably does in your fuzzy memories of the original version. read more...
June 11, 2013 - Nintendo World Report
- Jeff Sessions in Washington Post
The LAT says Kagan "was accused of shading the truth about her role in a controversy over military recruiters at Harvard University. 'The overall picture that she portrayed of the situation seems to me to be disconnected to the reality,' Sen. Jeff...
- Adam McKay in Kansas City Star
You're seeing more characters who are way out of touch with their lack of success and come down almost in a death thrall,said McKay. "The shading has gotten a little darker, there's no question."
- Steve Clemons in MLive.com
There's going to be some very subtle shading of language that will be intended to send messages to Israel and others,said Clemons.