- n a gradual sinking to a lower level
- v settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground
- v bring to an end; settle conclusively
- v settle conclusively; come to terms
- v take up residence and become established
- v come to terms
- v go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
- v become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style
- v become resolved, fixed, established, or quiet
it is settling to rain
- v establish or develop as a residence
- v come to rest
- v arrange or fix in the desired order
- v accept despite lack of complete satisfaction
- v end a legal dispute by arriving at a settlement
- v dispose of; make a financial settlement
- v become clear by the sinking of particles
- v cause to become clear by forming a sediment (of liquids)
- v sink down or precipitate
- v fix firmly
- v get one's revenge for a wrong or an injury
- v make final; put the last touches on; put into final form
- v form a community
- v come as if by falling
- At the time, the Israeli government had no intention of settling seized Arab land and sheepishly described the settlements as military bases.
- As with any all-star team, we sought a broad range of gifts rather than settling on 10 great pitchers or middle linebackers.
- But for all the sharp words Huckabee has for his fellow Republicans, score-settling is not the major thrust of the book, Huckabee's sixth.
News & Articles
- Video: Evan Dietrich-Smith talks about Packers' new-look offensive line
Packers center Evan Dietrich-Smith talks about how the line is settling in after having multiple players switch sides at the beginning of organized team activities last month.
June 12, 2013 - Packersnews.com
- Heat and humidity settling in
The front that brought the rain is now moving east, taking the rain along with it. Now we will see heat and humidity settling in.
June 11, 2013 - WRCB Chattanooga
- Settling the Score: Thursday’s results
Craig is away today, so we’re going with a “Settling the Score” in lieu of the usual ”And That Happened.” Don’t worry, we’ll return to our regularly scheduled programming on Monday. While plenty of attention was focused on the 2013 First-Year Player Draft last night, there were some baseball games going on. And Yasiel Puig stole…
June 7, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk