- s habitually disposed to disobedience and opposition
- At the same time, the high turnover will probably make the Senate even more independent and self-willed.
- Much of the province has been developed by the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, a quasi-military organization of former Chinese soldiers, convicts and self-willed .
- You could argue it with Lyndon Johnson, the great flapping bird of ill omen, all crudity and genius and self-willed doom, shadowed by his mother's vexed unreliability and .
- Saul Bellow in New York Times
Saul Bellow, he said, wrote "in a style I find self-willed and unnatural," while William Styron, though immensely gifted, would be more "potent" if he showed "the moral courage to write a book equal to his hatred and therefore able to turn...