seismograph : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a measuring instrument for detecting and measuring the intensity and direction and duration of movements of the ground (as an earthquake)
- Seismograph needles, the world over, jumped wildly a fortnight ago.
- In the Benioff seismograph, earth movements are magnified 200,000 times.
- This involves setting off charges of dynamite, measuring the time required for the earth ripples to reach a seismograph planted some distance away, studying the wavy lines on .
News & Articles
- Small Earthquake Reported In Marshall County
MARSHALL COUNTY, OK -- Another small earthquake in Texoma was sizeable enough to register on the seismograph. The apparent quake happened around 3 a.m. Sunday in Marshall County.According to the U.S. Geological
July 1, 2013 - KTEN North Texas & Southeastern Oklahoma