- n the act of searching for something
- n an attempt to acquire or gain something
- v try to get or reach
- v try to locate or discover, or try to establish the existence of
- v make an effort or attempt
- v go to or towards
- v inquire for
- The two-page indictment offers few details, but a separate document a government motion seeking to deny bail to the 24-year-old Afghan immigrant lays out evidence gathered .
- They are seeking credit for nuclear and hydroelectric power more plentiful in their part of the country.
- Colleagues who have traveled with Adebayo Ogunlesi during his years as a globe-trotting dealmaker have seen him face down bribe-seeking gunmen in his native Nigeria and effect a .
- Chris Brown in International Herald Tribune
Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person,Brown said in a...
- Barack Obama in NH Primary
In his town hall meeting here, Obama said: "In America, there's a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world. Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times...
- Joe Manchin in Wheeling Intelligencer
I appreciate the attorney general for rendering such a swift reply in accordance to my recent request seeking his opinion on the state's succession law to fill the vacancy left by the passing of our beloved US Senator Robert C. Byrd,Manchin...