sector : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a plane figure bounded by two radii and the included arc of a circle
- n a social group that forms part of the society or the economy
the public sector
- n a particular aspect of life or activity
he was helpless in an important sector of his life
- n the minimum track length that can be assigned to store information; unless otherwise specified a sector of data consists of 512 bytes
- n a portion of a military position
- n measuring instrument consisting of two graduated arms hinged at one end
- Government-backed giants are benefiting from the country's stimulus programs, while the private sector is forced to fend for itself.
- While the private sector has boasted of its commitment to quality and efficiency, the public sector still has a reputation branded by that notorious phrase, "good enough for .
- If you want to stop excessive pay in a swollen financial sector you have to reduce the size of that sector or apply special taxes to its pre-remuneration profit, he says.
News & Articles
- Sector Update: Energy
Energy stocks are higher with the NYSE Energy Sector Index rising 1.3% while shares of energy companies in the S&P 500 also are 1.3% higher as a group. Crude oil for July delivery is up
June 17, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Power sector construction in Russia 2013
NEW YORK, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Power sector construction in Russia 2013 http://www.reportlinker.com/p0799181/Power-sector-construction-in-Russia-2013.html#utm_source=prnewswire&utm_medium=pr&utm_campaign=Electric_power_energy ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Stock Ratings Define Sector Ratings
The number of buy rated stocks and sell rated stocks in a sector determines how to weigh sector investments.
June 17, 2013 - TheStreet.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Ben Bernanke in 940 News
We believe the effect of the troubles in the subprime sector on the broader housing market will be limited and we do not expect significant spillovers from the subprime market to the rest of the economy or to the financial system,Bernanke said.
- Tony Blair in The Associated Press
International Mideast envoy Tony Blair said Israel's measures "should have a dramatic influence on the daily lives of the people of Gaza and on the private sector."
- Sergio Marchionne in Los Angeles Times
This initiative represents a key milestone in the rapidly changing landscape of the automotive sector,said Sergio Marchionne, chief executive of Fiat. "This agreement will offer both companies opportunities to gain access to the most...