- n a partiality for some particular place
- He "deplored sectionalism and provincialism"; he said, "I shall fight with all the power that I have to advance, protect and maintain the best interests of the state of Iowa.
- Ever since the 1830s, when sectionalism and new waves of immigration began to splinter American Lutheranism, denominational unity has seemed an all but unattainable dream.
- I don't find much sectionalism.
- Franklin D Roosevelt in Salon
Sept. 1, 2009 | "We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace: business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering," President Franklin Roosevelt told an audience in Madison Square...
- Musalia Mudavadi in AllAfrica.com
Leaders from Western Province led by Marketing minister Musalia Mudavadi stated multi-party proponents were championing "conceited and selfish sectionalism."
- Gary Mabbutt in Reuters.uk
Let us put all tribalism, sectionalism, regionalism behind us. My desire to unify this nation was one of the factors that urged me to appeal to the membership of the PMDC to lend support to the APC. Never again will the north/southeastern divide... Charles Margai http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Margai&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH1wSrN3W_8RFP-IJhF87BiOA4HlQ Independent Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iol.co.za/index.php%3Fset_id%3D1%26click_id%3D68%26art_id%3Dnw20070824192835994C801444&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHjZyavn6L_0M7RCJzPn0wz1VE7sA Aug 24, 2007
87376 116839 sectioned Since Paul was sectioned in February, we have all been working together to get Paul the best possible treatment to overcome his problems," Mabbutt said. "The last six to eight weeks has been frustrating because he has been going in...