seating : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an area that includes places where several people can sit
there is seating for 40 students in this classroom
- n the service of ushering people to their seats
- v show to a seat; assign a seat for
- v be able to seat
- v place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position
- v put a seat on a chair
- v provide with seats
- v place or attach firmly in or on a base
- v place in or on a seat
- Southside isn't a cafeteria; it's a full-service food court with takeout meals and indoor and outdoor seating and no trays.
- The rest were for so-called festival seating, a sort of first-come-best-seated system that many of the country's major rock venues have long since given up as unworkable.
- Mouse over icons on seating charts to get the lay of the land.
News & Articles
- Glen Rock officials table proposed graduation seating change
There will be no departure from the traditional seating configuration at next Thursday's Glen Rock High School Commencement ceremony.
June 13, 2013 - The Record
- Proposed seating change for Glen Rock High School graduation draws pushback
Several parents, students say they are against proposed change to seating arrangement.
June 11, 2013 - The Record
- Seating Makeover For Mocs McKenzie Arena
Chattanooga-(WDEF) McKenzie Arena is getting a much needed makeover. If you head to the Mocs basketball venue next season, the seating will look a little different. Since McKenzie Arena is now over 30 years old, it was time for little face lift. Said athletic director David Blackburn,"It does need some tender loving care. We do have to put some effort into that. It's still a great venue. People ...
June 10, 2013 - WDEF Chattanooga
- Al Sharpton in Contra Costa Times
I firmly believe that changing the rules now, and seating delegates from Florida and Michigan at this point would not only violate the Democratic Party's rules of fairness, but also would be a grave injustice,Sharpton said in a letter to...
- Mitch McConnell in Washington Post
This prompt action provides a path toward seating a fully functioning, bipartisan commission,Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell said in a statement.