- n rebuking a person harshly
- v censure severely or angrily
- v show one's unhappiness or critical attitude
- The Bushies have gotten tired of his scolding and have tried to portray him as a crotchety Nebraskan coot who's lost a step.
- The New Paper wrote a scolding article about the site, which simply served to lift Sammyboy's profile among the Singaporeans it warned not to surf there.
- On Father's Day, Obama gave a speech about the problem of absentee fathers and the negative effects it has on society, in particular scolding some fathers for failing to "realize .
News & Articles
- NCAA Baseball Tournament 2013 bracket update: Oregon State survives K-State rally, moves on to Omaha
Oregon State withstood a late Kansas State rally to win, 4-3, and advance to Omaha for the fifth time in school history. If you turned the game off late Monday to hit the hay, nobody can really blame you. A day after scolding K-State with a 12-4 Game 2 retribution, the Beavers held a 4-0 lead in the sixth inning, which began at roughly midnight on the East Coast. Man, did you miss some ...
June 11, 2013 - SB Nation
- Atlanta Falcons: How Good Can Julio Jones Really Be?
Emerging from the scolding-hot fire and heavy layers of smoke that cover the tunnel in the Georgia Dome each Sunday is Thomas Dimitroff 's boldest draft pick to date. When the Atlanta Falcons GM traded up 21 slots in the 2011 NFL draft to select former Alabama Crimson Tide wide receiver Julio Jones , he was hoping to draft a transcendent talent that would not only help keep the Falcons in ...
June 10, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Johnny Tapia in Forbes
I wasn't supposed to win it,Tapia said. "He was going to beat me and give me a scolding. I knocked him out in the 11th round. The whole coliseum was crying the way I was."
- Gene Taylor in FOXNews
I applaud you for scolding the House leadership,said Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss. "I didn't vote to elect Dennis Hastert, governor - you helped get him there. I'd hope you'd use that influence to get him off his duff."
- Fredi Gonzalez in USA Today
Consultation and advice,Gonzalez said. "No scolding, no cussing. I told him how good he was, basically."