- n plant having a large slender white bulb and flat overlapping dark green leaves; used in cooking; believed derived from the wild Allium ampeloprasum
- n a young onion before the bulb has enlarged; eaten in salads
- But regardless of the official ban, at least a dozen publishing houses are cranking out translated copies, which are selling like scallion buns on the street.
- Best fun: Actress Colbert warding off ardent Actor Cooper's advances with a scallion breath, announcing: "I'll fight you with every vegetable at my disposal.
- An Anderson menu might start with snail soup from the Black Forest or a corn-and-scallion chowder with salt pork, proceed to Sicilian swordfish croquettes with sultanas and pine .
News & Articles
- Panko crusted codfish with sweet potato and a ginger, jalapeno, scallion, lime butter
For this edition of Cooking at Home, YNN's Dan Eaton makes panko crusted codfish with sweet potato and a ginger, jalapeno, scallion, lime butter.
June 10, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Brussels Sprouts and Steak Stir-Fry
Oyster Sauce, Soy Sauce, Rice Vinegar, Vegetable Oil Brussels Sprouts, Steak, Salt, Scallions, Garlic Cloves, Ginger, Carrots, Fresno Chile or Jalapeno, Rice
June 8, 2013 - 9&10 News Cadillac
- Foot-Long Lobster Rolls at Cull & Pistol; Rooftop Supper Club’s Oyster Social
• Cull & Pistol is offering foot-long lobster rolls during the weekend of June 14 to 16. The half-pound behemoths come either Connecticut-style (warm with drawn butter and lemon) or Maine-style (cold with mayo and scallion) and will run you $34. [Grub Street] • Ilili is serving up a special brunch menu for NYC Pride on June 30. From 12 to 4 p.m., guests can enjoy a drag performance, DJ Scotty ...
June 7, 2013 - New York Magazine