- v measure by or as if by a scale
- v pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
- v take by attacking with scaling ladders
The troops scaled the walls of the fort
- v reach the highest point of
We scaled the Mont Blanc
- v climb up by means of a ladder
- v remove the scales from
- v measure with or as if with scales
- v size or measure according to a scale
This model must be scaled down
- s having the body covered or partially covered with thin horny plates, as some fish and reptiles
- s (used of armor) having overlapping metal plates attached to a leather backing
- Exactly scaled to one-ninth the size of an Essex-class carrier, she was prefabricated at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, trucked to the site in sections.
- Basically, Washington's economic managers scaled these heights by their adherence to Keynes's central theme: the modern capitalist economy does not automatically work at top .
- He has scaled back in Japan (a move others have copied) and is shifting brokers' focus from Main Street to clients with at least $1 million to invest.
News & Articles
- Scaled Back Fourth of July Celebration
Columbia, SC (WLTX) -The sequester has forced military bases around the midlands to have furlough days for civilian employees and cuts to the budget has also forced places like Shaw Air Force Base to cancel their Fourth of July celebration. Now, an annual celebration at Ft. Jackson is being scaled back.
June 15, 2013 - WLTX-TV Columbia
- Search for missing Goliad man scaled back
The search for a missing Goliad man has been scaled back.
June 14, 2013 - The Victoria Advocate
- Update: Rainfall totals scaled back, flood watch still in effect
The National Weather Service has scaled back projections for this week’s latest summer storm, with forecasts now predicting about an 1.5 inches of total accumulation over the next 48 hours, weather experts said.
June 13, 2013 - The Shelter Island Reporter
- Barack Obama in Facing South (blog)
He scaled the summit of power, but his mind never strayed from the people of his beloved West Virginia,said President Obama. "He had the courage to stand firm in his principles, but also the courage to change over time."
- Ban Ki-moon in 940 News
I believe further similar moves will follow, including expediting the visas of (foreign) relief workers seeking to enter the country,Ban said. "I'm confident that emergency relief efforts can be scaled up quickly."
- Steven Spielberg in BBC News
Michael's talent out-scaled even his own dinosaurs of Jurassic Park,said filmmaker Steven Spielberg, who directed the blockbuster film version of that novel.