- n any of several aromatic herbs or subshrubs of the genus Satureja having spikes of flowers attractive to bees
- n dwarf aromatic shrub of Mediterranean regions
- n either of two aromatic herbs of the mint family
- n an aromatic or spicy dish served at the end of dinner or as an hors d'oeuvre
- a morally wholesome or acceptable
a past that was scarcely savory
- s having an agreeably pungent taste
- s pleasing to the sense of taste
- When pop performers draw on a wide range of genres in a single album, the result can be hors d'oeuvre music: varied and savory, but perhaps not as satisfying as a main course.
- A meal lasts for hours, alternating between sweet and savory, hot and cold, familiar and otherworldly: fried rabbit ears, for instance, translucently thin and tasting like pork .
- Alas, Einsteins childhood offers history many savory ironies, but this is not one of them.
News & Articles
- Savory Asparagus & Morel Mushroom Bread Pudding
We are all familiar with bread pudding for a dessert but until recently I had never experienced savory bread pudding and can’t believe I hadn’t tried it sooner. A mushroom forager came by the restaurant the other day with some nice, fresh, local morel mushrooms. I had some asparagus and was looking for a new dish to put on our menu and this is what I came up with. It makes an amazing side dish ...
June 16, 2013 - Flathead Beacon
- Festival celebrates Kansas City's barbecue, raises funds for tornado relief
A savory barbecue festival held Sunday filled bellies and will help meet the needs of storm victims.
June 16, 2013 - KCTV 5 Kansas City
- Savory Books Reveals Seven New Cookbook Titles For 2013
Savory Books has just announced seven additional titles that will be added to their 2013 catalogue of cookbooks. The new collection of cookbooks will feature iconic recipes from Ca
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Donovan McNabb in SI.com
It all starts with the soup and ends with the soup,McNabb said. "In the middle is the soup. That's why my diet has really been intact. Eating the soup. Chunky savory pot roast, Chunky chicken corn chowder, the list goes on. All those...
- Alan Greenspan in kgw.com (registration)
Corporate scandals of recent years have clearly shown that the plethora of laws of the past century have not eliminated the less savory side of human behavior,Greenspan said in remarks delivered by satellite to the conference at Sea Island, Ga.
- Robert Malley in MSNBC
Malley added, "My job with the International Crisis Group is to meet with all sorts of savory and unsavory people and report on what they say. I've never denied whom I meet with; that's what I do."