- n an act of economizing; reduction in cost
there was a saving of 50 cents
- n recovery or preservation from loss or danger
a surgeon's job is the saving of lives
- n the activity of protecting something from loss or danger
- v save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- v to keep up and reserve for personal or special use
- v bring into safety
- v spend less; buy at a reduced price
- v accumulate money for future use
- v make unnecessary an expenditure or effort
- v save from sins
- v refrain from harming
- v spend sparingly, avoid the waste of
- v retain rights to
- v record data on a computer
- s bringing about salvation or redemption from sin
- s characterized by thriftiness
wealthy by inheritance but saving by constitution"- Ellen Glasgow
- Does "cost savings" mean paying less than $7000 per person per year ever?.
- SAVINGS LOANBooming along with the demand for home mortgages, the nations' savings and 'loan associations have grown phenomenally.
- Some money is going to help existing savings institutions and credit unions gather more deposits, but a lot is also funding development in technology meant to make savings easier .
News & Articles
- Memphians celebrate saving lives at Lifeblood's Donor Fest
The one thing that keeps Shaun M. Brennan calm at the sight of a needle is the fact that he’s saving lives.
June 16, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Kitten credited with saving Washington Co. family from house fire
Kitten credited with saving Washington Co. family from house fire A Washington County family is crediting its kitten with saving family members' lives Friday morning after flames broke out inside their Taylorstown home. Family members said 14-week-old Alaska jumped on them and woke them up to alert them that the house was on fire. “My cat jumped up and kept pawing my face. I just pushed her down ...
June 14, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Easy Saving Strategies to Build an Emergency Fund
Some financial experts suggest consumers should be saving 10 percent of their income for unanticipated expenses. These are essentially financial "emergencies," such as replacing the engine in your car or repairing damage to your home.
June 13, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Nancy Pelosi in NBC Sandiego.com
No longer will the US taxpayer bail out Wall Street, and that's the message,Pelosi said late Sunday. "It's not about a bailout of Wall Street : it's for the people saving for the education of their children, so small businesses can get...
- Barack Obama in New York Times
The choice we face is not between saving our environment and saving our economy,Mr. Obama said. "The choice we face is between prosperity and decline. We can remain the world's leading importer of oil, or we can become the world's leading...
- Harry Reid in Politico
While the President is correct that people saving for college need to be fiscally responsible, the President needs to lay off Las Vegas and stop making it the poster child for where people shouldn't be spending their money,Reid said in a...