- s lacking bodily or muscular strength or vitality
her body looked sapless
- s destitute of sap and other vital juices; dry
the rats and roaches scurrying along the sapless planks"- Norman Mailer
- To the casual-minded, he is just a bald, slightly weazened little man with a sapless voice, a sapless personality.
- Probably the worst of all attempts to put Dostoevsky on the stage, it reduced the vast forest of his imagination to dead, sapless stumps.
- These two tried--true shows, excellent by themselves, together make up a sapless hybrid.