- v save from ruin, destruction, or harm
- v apply a salve to, usually for the purpose of healing
- s having a softening or soothing effect especially to the skin
- By bringing Christianity to a new conformation with the world and salving the wounds that have torn it for centuries, the Pope has helped vastly to recapture the Christian sense of .
- Last week to Albany, at the summons of Governor Franklin Delano Roosevelt, went New York State's prison experts to consider methods of salving the itching New York penal shin.
- Iran, through the United Nations' reluctance to intervene, won a dubious victory over Britain, salving pride but refining no oil.
News & Articles
- Michael Bush: Recapping Bush's Week 12 Fantasy Performance
Bush ran seven times for minus-five yards Sunday at St. Louis. He manged to score, salving his fantasy dy. Bush's like is honestly remarkable. Minus-five yards and a touchdown? He'll remain a pure backup entering Week 13 at Minnesota.
Nov. 25, 2013 - Bleacher Report