- n any of various large food and game fishes of northern waters; usually migrate from salt to fresh water to spawn
- n a tributary of the Snake River in Idaho
- n flesh of any of various marine or freshwater fish of the family Salmonidae
- n a pale pinkish orange color
- s of orange tinged with pink
- What We Used to Think Shrimp is relatively high in cholesterol, so salmon is healthier.
- Salmon steaks are great sources of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
- Dripping with clot-busting omega-3 fatty acids, salmon flesh has become a staple of heart-healthy diets.
News & Articles
- Endangered Atlantic Salmon Are Facing A New And Potentially Devastating Threat
The Atlantic salmon, already an endangered species in the United States and in parts of Canada, is facing a new threat: A recent breakdown in an international agreement with Greenland may mean that tens of thousands of Atlantic salmon?which otherwise would have been protected?will be harvested at sea before they can return to North American rivers to spawn. Clearly the U.S. and Canada should ...
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Christina Salmon and Daniel Hopkins were married March 23
Christina Kari Salmon and Daniel Jacob Hopkins were married at 7 p.m. Saturday, March 23, 2013, at the First Christian Church in Columbia. Read more
June 14, 2013 - Columbia Missourian
- Salmon Pasta Salad is crunchy and colorful
Smoked salmon is pretty delightful all by itself. I like to serve it with cocktails at a party and sometimes you can find me sneaking some for a snack.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit News
- Randy Brock in International Herald Tribune
With Tom Salmon being deployed to a combat zone, I just did not feel it was at all appropriate to enter into a contest against someone in that situation,said Brock, who is a Vietnam veteran.
- Maria Cantwell in Forbes
In addition, it could further threaten salmon in the Columbia-Snake River Basin, and the communities that depend on them, by delaying the development of a legally validpolicy, Cantwell wrote.
- Britney Spears in NEWS.com.au
I'm the healthiest I've been all my life,Britney, 26, tells OK!. "My diet has a lot to do with my getting into shape. I have no sugar. I don't eat fruit or even fruit juice because of the sugar. I eat chicken and salmon and rice. I eat...