sales : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n income (at invoice values) received for goods and services over some given period of time
- n a particular instance of selling
- n the general activity of selling
they tried to boost sales
- n an occasion (usually brief) for buying at specially reduced prices
- n the state of being purchasable; offered or exhibited for selling
- n an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer)
the salesman faxed the sales agreement to his home office
- Home sales are improving lately, but it's the small starter homes that sell, while big expensive houses go unloved.
- Anne Marie Moriarty, a vice president of Corcoran realtors, says residential real estate sales to foreigners have doubled in the past 15 months.
- The auto industry's new sales numbers are awful.
- Jerry Brown in Las Vegas Sun
They allege that Blagojevich put a 'for sale' sign on the naming of a United States Senator; involved himself personally in pay-to-play schemes with the urgency of a salesman meeting his annual sales target; and corruptly used his office in an... Patrick Fitzgerald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Fitzgerald&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPzhmxWW1WJbe2mVbWBC-ROULUoQ AlaskaReport http://www.google.com/url?q=http://alaskareport.com/news1208/x61837_blagojevich_arrest.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHdqpZGv3PbGgA6FQs28nQ1R-O_rw Dec 9, 2008
85578 114163 sales You have these dangerous foreign drug dealers using cuddly stuffed animals as a way to cover their nefarious operation," California Attorney General Jerry Brown said. "They must have been good at teddy bear sales."
- Omid Kordestani in CNET News
Today we have informed Googlers that we plan to reduce the number of roles within our sales and marketing organizations by just under 200 globally,said Omid Kordestani, senior vice president of global sales and business development, in the...