- n the second pillar of Islam is prayer; a prescribed liturgy performed five times a day (preferably in a mosque) and oriented toward Mecca
News & Articles
- Sweet And Savory: Finding Balance On The Japanese Grill
Japanese grilled cuisine packs a "one-two punch," says cookbook co-author Harris Salat. He tells NPR's Melissa Block that the techniques emphasize food's natural flavors and focuse on simplicity, while sweet and sour tastes duel for dominance.
July 18, 2013 - NPR
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi in Al-Jazeerah.info
Since the majority of our population are Muslims, it is both of interest and importance that we not only understand the spiritual benefits of salat, but also ... its biological and medical effects,said Abdullah.
- Abu Bakr in American Thinker
Abu Bakr said, "By Allah, I will fight him who discriminates between Zakat and Salat (prayers), for Zakat is the compulsory right to be taken from the wealth. By Allah, if they refuse to give me even a tying rope which they use to give to Allah's...
- Gaudencio Rosales in Inquirer.net
Nakikita niya ang kaniyang sarili kapag siya ay salat, kapag siya ay inaapi [The poverty-strricken and oppressed Filipino sees himself in the Black Nazarene],Rosales said of the Filipinos' devotion.