- a experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness
feeling sad because his dog had died
Better by far that you should forget and smile / Than that you should remember and be sad"- Christina Rossetti
- s of things that make you feel sad
she doesn't like sad movies
it was a very sad story
When I am dead, my dearest, / Sing no sad songs for me"- Christina Rossetti
- s bad; unfortunate
her clothes were in sad shape
- The contrast of their two fates forms the core of this sad, gripping and intense film, which like all great war movies is really an anti-war movie.
- Research into how people make financial decision suggests that sad people spend more, and they don't even realize they're doing it.
- Jay Pasachoff in The Associated Press
I am sad that so few people will be able to view this year's eclipse since it doesn't pass over major cities,Pasachoff said in an e-mail.
- John Kamm in The Guardian
This is a very harsh sentence. It's a very sad day for justice in China,added John Kamm, its executive director. "It's a huge disappointment and will send very real shivers up the spines of businesses that do business in China."
- Joachim Loew in USA Today
It's a shame, we're sad, and we're all disappointed,coach Joachim Loew said. "It's not worked out the way we wanted it."