- n gossip (usually a mixture of truth and untruth) passed around by word of mouth
- v tell or spread rumors
It was rumored that the next president would be a woman
- In wartime, soldiers usually betray the state of their nerves by the bitterness of their griping; civilians, by their readiness to believe rumors.
- All week long the rumors swirled and eddied through the windswept streets of Montreal; for one reason or another, by resignation, illness or dismissal, Msgr.
- The Democratic candidate is turning to the Web to disprove the rumors about his faith, his family and his patriotism.
News & Articles
- Rumor Patrol: ‘Man of Steel 2? in 2014; ‘Justice League’ in 2015
New rumor suggets that 'Man of Steel 2' could hit theaters in 2014 with 'Justice League' to follow in 2015 - but is that even remotely possible?
June 17, 2013 - Screen Rant
- Rumor Roundup: Samsung fan fiction
WWDC has come and gone, and now we know what iOS 7 looks like. For some reason, that still hasn't stopped graphic designers with too much time on their hands from generating mockups... and of course, it hasn't stopped the endless tide of boneheaded Apple rumors. New report claims Apple's 'iPhone mini' could launch next month (BGR) Some analyst claims the low-cost iPhone will launch next month ...
June 17, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- Rumor: ‘Star Wars Land’ Coming to Walt Disney World in 2018
A new rumor is circulating saying that Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida is planning a major expansion in the next five years. That expansion would include an east coast Cars Land and – wait for it – the first ever Star Wars Land. The report comes from Theme Park Insider, which cites [...]
June 14, 2013 - /Film