- n any of various cud-chewing hoofed mammals having a stomach divided into four (occasionally three) compartments
- a related to or characteristic of animals of the suborder Ruminantia or any other animal that chews a cud
- Applying (and upending) Regan's least-harm theory, Davis proposes a ruminant-pasture model of food production, which would replace poultry and pork production with beef, lamb and .
- Desmond Morris is the former London zookeeper who, recognizing this fat ruminant in the wild, turned hunter.
- There is no clear placement in time, no outside world except blind sky, faint landscapes, ruminant surf, a lyrical brook.
News & Articles
- Seattle’s favorite goats clearing the way under viaduct
Tammy Dunakin, owner of Rent a Ruminant, has rescued a few goats in her time and also put them to work … eating. Once again Dunakin and about 120 of her goats are hitting the slopes under the viaduct in Seattle near Lenora Street and the Pine Street Hill Climb to eat through the hard-to-get-to brambles there. Her goats traverse the steep grade easily and munch away on the blackberries, thistles ...
June 18, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Phil Goff in Reuters
Our agricultural research organisation just last week was able to map the genome ...... that causes methane in ruminant animals and we believe we can vaccinate against (that),Phil Goff told a conference in Paris.
- Brooke Taylor in Nova Scotia Business Journal
While the United States and Canada have a strong system in place to protect animal and human health, the diagnosis of BSE in an animal born roughly four and half years after the implementation of the 1997 ruminant-to-ruminant feed ban does raise... Mike Johanns http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Johanns&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGi_Zw6PYlNtc1w8ebRU3OWLMK9Ag CNN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/07/13/canada.mad.cow/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFGv-EyqOFQuySgFK_CJ6DWcr7lLQ Jul 13, 2006
85104 113352 ruminant We are following up on our promise to help farmers, particularly those in the hog and ruminant industry, with the many financial challenges they face," said Brooke Taylor, minister of agriculture. "This transition funding will provide debt...