- n the reason for a court's judgment (as opposed to the decision itself)
- v exercise authority over; as of nations
- v decide with authority
- v be larger in number, quantity, power, status or importance
- v decide on and make a declaration about
- v have an affinity with; of signs of the zodiac
- v mark or draw with a ruler
- v keep in check
- s exercising power or authority
- Muslims in the country are outraged by revelations, uncovered by a TV sting, that clerics take money for their religious rulings.
- Shahbaz Sharif, the former Chief Minister of Punjab, left, and his brother Nawaz Sharif, a former Prime Minister, at a press conference in Lahore In a long-awaited ruling, Pakistan .
- The European Court of Human Rights' latest ruling on adoption was hailed by gay rights organizations in France and across Europe for taking on one of the many kinds of .
News & Articles
- Ruling upholds red light camera law
(KMOV) A decision from the Missouri Court of Appeals has upheld St Louis’ use of red light cameras and spared the city millions in refunds. The ruling reverses a previous court decision that had ruled the city ordinance as unconstitutional. The Appeals Court decision did says municipalities with the cameras may have “discovered the elusive goose that lays the golden egg,” but the system does not ...
June 12, 2013 - KMOV St. Louis
- Emanuel not ruling out raising CPS property tax limits
Mayor Rahm Emanuel isn't ruling out seeking a way to raise Chicago Public Schools' property tax cap to help close the $1 billion deficit the district faces.
June 12, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- DNA ruling weighs benefits against dangers
A ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court last week is being celebrated by some and reviled by others.
June 11, 2013 - Opelousas Daily World
- Bill Belichick in Washington Post
At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling,Belichick said in a written statement. "Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players....
- Miroslav Klose in Telegraph.co.uk
Spain is still ruling supreme in Europe but in terms of quality I think we have improved, big time,Klose said.
- Barack Obama in ABC News
On the Supreme Court ruling on the DC gun ban, Obama explained, "I actually have said I agree with that for years, even before the ruling came down. That doesn't mean that I also recognized that we need to make sure that we've decent controls over...