- n 32nd President of the United States; elected four times; instituted New Deal to counter the Great Depression and led country during World War II (1882-1945)
- n wife of Franklin Roosevelt and a strong advocate of human rights (1884-1962)
- n 26th President of the United States; hero of the Spanish-American War; Panama Canal was built during his administration
News & Articles
- ROOSEVELT: New flag unfurls
ROOSEVELT In the mid-1930s the blue eagle symbolizing the National Recovery Administration was a common sight around the nation, as it meant that companies displaying the logo were cooperating with the New Deal codes for minimum wages, work limits and standards of production.
June 18, 2013 - The Messenger-Press
- A GOLDEN DAY: Eleanor Roosevelt Elementary marks 50th anniversary; school celebrates by cutting ribbon on renovated ...
PENNSBURY – The courtyard of the new front entrance to Eleanor Roosevelt Elementary School on Walton Drive was brimming with people, who were there to celebrate the golden anniversary of the school and dedication of the newly renovated building.
June 18, 2013 - Yardley News
- Roosevelt County Joins New Mexico Purchasing Group, a Bid System Connecting Local Governments and Suppliers
IPT by BidNet’s New Mexico Purchasing Group connects 319 departments from 22 local government agencies and provides a bid notification system for vendors looking to do business with local governments. Roosevelt County joined the New Mexico Purchasing Group, providing its vendors with convenient access to bid information for Roosevelt County and all other participating government agencies on the ...
June 17, 2013 - PRWeb
- John McCain in guardian.co.uk
I'm a Teddy Roosevelt Republican. I've got to get in the arena when America needs it,McCain said. "And if that judgment wants to be made that I, whether I helped or hurt, I'll be glad to accept the judgment of history."
- Joe Biden in New York Daily News
When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed,Biden told Katie Couric.
- Barack Obama in RealClearPolitics (blog)
If there's just Roosevelt and Churchill sitting in a room with a brandy, that's an easier negotiation,Obama said before the international press core in London. "But that's not the world we live in, and it shouldn't be the world that we...