- n a port city on the Gulf of Riga that is the capital and largest city of Latvia; formerly a member of the Hanseatic League
News & Articles
- Driver crashes into Riga home
For the second time in two years, a Riga home was the scene of an accident caused by an alleged drunken driver.
June 9, 2013 - Gates-Chili Post
- Deputies: Drunk driver crashed into house in Riga
A car crashed through trees and slammed into a house in Riga late Friday night. Luckily nobody inside was hurt, but the homeowner says this is not the first time it's happened...
June 8, 2013 - News 10 NBC Rochester
- Man charged with DWI after car crashes into house in Riga
Police said William Manning, 55, drove through a stop sign on Route 36 and Chili Riga Center Road. He drove through a lawn and struck the foundation of the house.
June 8, 2013 - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Efraim Zuroff in Baltimore Jewish Times
To celebrate the anniversary of the Nazi invasion of Riga on July 1 is to celebrate the mass murder of all those victimized by the Nazis in Latvia-primarily Jews, but also Communists, Gypsies and the mentally ill,Zuroff said in a statement.
- Seay in PR Newswire (press release)
We are honored that this program was chosen to be showcased as one of NATO's transformational capabilities at the 2006 NATO Summit in Riga,said Seay. "This international venue provides an appropriate backdrop for the commencement of the...
- Peter Tatchell in UK Gay News (press release)
People attending the press conference had to be rushed out into waiting vans to be ferried away from the baying homophobic crowd,said Mr Tatchell. "Earlier today, the church service Rev Sants held in support of Riga Gay Pride was attacked...