- n someone skilled in the use of a rifle
- n a soldier whose weapon is a rifle
- The heavy recoil knocked the embarrassed rifleman to the ground as the weapon sprayed bullets in all directions.
- Viet Nam is no place for the traditional American rifleman, who prides himself on long-range sharpshooting and an unerringly steady hand.
- In the face-to-face warfare of Viet Nam, the rifleman needs more and faster lead than any soldier in history.
News & Articles
- 'Rifleman's' son, Johnny Crawford, is coming to Bix Jazz festival
A former child actor best known for his role on TV's "The Rifleman" has set his sights on the Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Jazz Festival. Johnny Crawford, who played the son of Chuck Connors' character on the 1958-1963 TV series, will be a featured performer. He has been a big-band leader and singer since 1992.
June 19, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Ex-hitman describes more killings in Bulger trial
BOSTON — Former hitman John Martorano has described more killings as he testifies for a second day in the racketeering trial of James "Whitey" Bulger in Boston. On Tuesday, Martorano gave chilling details about murders he committed after they were ordered by Bulger and his partner, Stephen "The Rifleman" Flemmi. He also described a 1975 killing he said Bulger and Flemmi did themselves. Martorano ...
June 18, 2013 - Boston Herald
- John 'The Executioner' Martorano describes series of killings allegedly ordered by 'Whitey' Bulger
BOSTON — Former hitman John "The Executioner" Martorano has described more killings as he testifies for a second day in the racketeering trial of James "Whitey" Bulger in Boston. On Tuesday, Martorano gave chilling details about murders he committed after they were ordered by Bulger and his partner, Stephen "The Rifleman...
June 18, 2013 - New York Post
- Bob Ainsworth in Telegraph.co.uk
Bob Ainsworth, the Defence Secretary, added: "It was with great sadness that I learnt of the death of Rifleman Andrew Fentiman, a man who by all accounts enjoyed Army life, and volunteered to serve in Afghanistan. In his short time with 3 Rifles he...
- Des Browne in ic Teesside.co.uk
Defence Secretary Des Browne said: "Rifleman Lincoln's family and comrades are in my thoughts and have all my sympathy on this sad day. He died defending our country and bringing peace to Iraq."
- Edward Poynter in The Sun
Captain Edward Poynter, operations officer with C Company 2 Rifles, added: "Rifleman Aldridge was a key part of a very close knit and battle hardened platoon. He spent the bulk of his time in Afghanistan living in, and operating from, a small patrol...